The world is obsessing over gel nail polish, and why shouldn’t they be. As it offers so many advantages over regular nail polish. You can easily wear gel nail polish for weeks to come, without having to worry about it chipping or peeling off. That being said, there is no better feeling than going to the saloon to get pampered. However, there are times when you just do not have the time or energy to go to the saloon for something as small as removing gel nail polish.
As gel nail polish is not like traditional nail polish, and it cannot be removed by just dabbing some nail polish remover on it. Before it gets to the point where you are highly tempted to peel it off, try to remove the gel nail polish. And remind yourself on how it will damage your nails.
Why shouldn’t Gel Polish not be peeled off?
This gel nail color is specially formulated in a way that it grabs on your nail. This is the reason it is able to last for a few weeks. So, we recommend you should never peel it off. As it will damage your nail, and its surrounding areas. There are many people who think they are just peeling off the top layer, but end up damaging their nails in the process. Peeling off nail color is a habit most of us have developed, but the sooner we get rid of it the better.
What is the Proper way to Remove Gel Nail Polish?
Here we have a short and easy guide that will help you keep your nails intact when removing gel nail polish at home. The gel nail polish promises longevity, which means it contains components that will stick to your nails. So the only way to remove is, by following some proper guidelines so that it does not damage your nails. So you can keep enjoying the benefits gel nail polish has to offer. Here is an easy way you can remove your gel nail polish at home.
- Start by thoroughly saturating an absorbing ball or pad with the acetone nail polish remove. Then place it on your nail.
- Gently wrap your nails in aluminum foil, and make sure the pad or ball is secure in its place. To make sure the gel nail polish is completely remove, let your nails soak for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes gently lift one of the foils, and check if the gel nail polish has started to lift away from your nail. If it's halfway, wrap it back, and let them sit for another 5 minutes.
- Then gently massage the foil from the top side, and start pulling the foil forward. Slide it away from the nail, and you will see gel lifting away. Take time to get all the excess gel off your nails using a cuticle tip.
- Then rub your nails using a lint free nail pad, that has been soaked in gel polish remover to help remove all the excess residue.
- Using apricot oil re-hydrate your cuticle and nails.
Read our step-by-step Gel Removal Tutorial to learn more on proper gel removal process.